A report by the Israeli think tank, Institute for Policy and Strategy (IPS) submited released during the Herzeliya Conference 2010, held in Israel in February 2010 – had painted a very grim picture of United States in the Middle East. It highlighted the declining influence influence of the US while increaing popularity of Islamic Iran, Turkey, Syria and Hizbullah. The report also admitted the failed US military solution in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan and Islamic Iran. The report put much of the blame on Ben Obama’s “lack of activism in the region”.
The report stated that “another successful attack of al-Qaeda (a Mossad false flag operation) along the lines of September 11, 2001 - the Obama administration’s policy shift towards activism, following possible attacks against American interests, may change the equation back and strengthen the deterrent image of the US”. In other words, the report recommended Israeli government and its Zionist allies in the US to create another mass killings of American citizens for the benefit of Israel.
Richard Barret, UN coordinator on Al-Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee, told his audience at the Washington-based Zionist think tank, Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP) – that Al-Qaeda still had capabilities to pursue its agenda (to provide opportunities to the West to wage wars on Muslim countries for Israel) and gather resources. However, the surprising fact about Barret’s assessment of the non-existent Muslim military group, was that a close US ally in the Middle East was involved in assisting Al-Qaeda. Surprisingly, instead of pointing fingers toward world’s most resourceful spy agency, Israeli Mossad, Barret blamed insignificant UAE. Maybe, for the country’s mistake to apprehend some of Israeli cowards involved in the recent assassination of Hamas leader.
Barret also had advice for Islamic Resistance Hamas that if it doesn’t adopt ‘moderate’ policy (submission to Israel like the US)towards the Zionist entity – Al-Qaeda could find fertile ground to infiltrate Islamic Resistance and create a situation like in Afghanistan.
Michel Collon, a Belgian journalist and author, in his book “Israel, let’s talk about it,” has slammed European media over decades of “lying” to people in order to support Israel.
Collon, in his book, has recounted “10 big lies” spread by Western media in order to “justify the existence and actions of Israel”, which are concisely presented below:
1. The first lie is that Israel was established in reaction to the massacre of Jews during the World War II.
This notion is completely wrong. Israel is in fact a domineering project which was approved in the First Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland, in 1897, when nationalist Jews decided to occupy Palestine.
2. The second justification for establishing and legitimizing Israel is that the Jews are returning to their forefathers’ land, from where they had been driven away in 70 A.D. This is a tale. I have spoken to the famous Israeli historian Shlomo Sand and other historians and they all believe that there has been no “exodus,” so “return” is meaningless. The people living in Palestine have not left their land in the ancient era.
In fact the descendents of Jews residing in Palestine are the people who are currently living in Palestine. Those who claim they want to return to their lands originate for Western and Eastern Europe and Northern Africa.
Sand says there is no Jewish nation. The Jews do not have common history, language or culture. The only common thing between them is their religion, and religion does not make a nation.
3. The third lie is that when Jewish immigrants occupied Palestine, it was an empty and uninhibited country.
However, there are documents and evidences that prove that in the 19th century the agricultural products of Palestine were exported to different countries, including France.
4. Fourth, some people say Palestinians left their country on their own free will.
This is another lie, which lots of people believed, including myself. Until Israeli historians like Benny Morris and Ilan Pappe said that Palestinians were driven away and banished from their lands by using force and terror.
5. It is said that today Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and it should be protected; it is the “government of law.”
But in my opinion not only it is not the government of law; it is the only regime that no law defines its territory and boundaries. All the countries of the world have a constitution which defines their boundaries, but no such thing applies to Israel. Israel is an expansionist project which knows no boundary, and its law is completely racist; according to this law Israel is the country for Jews, and its non-Jew citizens are not considered human. Such law is a contradiction to democracy.
6. It is said that the US tries to protect democracy in the Middle East by protecting Israel. And we know that the US annual financial aid to Israel amounts to 3 billion dollars. This money is used for bombarding Israel’s neighbor countries.
But America is not after establishing democracy in the Middle East; it wants the undisturbed flow of oil.
7. They pretend that the US seeks an agreement between Israel and Palestine.
This is also completely wrong and a lie. EU former Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana told the Israel that “you are the 21st country of the European Union.” The European weapons industries cooperate with the Israeli military industries and support them financially. But when Palestinians elected their government, Europe did not recognize it and gave the green light to Israel to attack the Gaza Strip.
8. When one talks about these facts and the history of Israel and Palestine, when one reveals the US interests in this situation, they call you anti-Semite to keep you silent.
But we should say that when we criticize Israel, it is not racism or anti-Semitism. We criticize a government that does not believe in the equality of Jews, Christians and Muslims, and so destroys the peace between followers of different religions.
9. The mass media say that Palestinians cause violence and terrorism. We say Israel army’s occupation is violence, the policy that has stolen land and home from Palestinians is violence.
10. An issue which is often raised is that there is no way for resolving this situation, and there is no solution for the hatred and the grudge caused by Israel and its accomplices.
But there is a solution. The only thing that can stop this process is the public pressure on the accomplices of Israel in the US and Europe and other parts of the world; public pressure on the mass media which refrain from telling the truth about Israel; and using the Internet or any other media out let to publish real news about Palestine.